Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday Special: Another Inspiration: FlyLady

flylady.net
In one of my earlier posts, I shared that I did a lot of reading before coming up with my own notions of what makes a good, realistic organizational system. One of the sites I enjoyed was FlyLady, who encourages baby steps:
"Our FlyLady system is all about establishing little habits that string together into simple routines to help your day run on automatic pilot."
The site has lots of great ideas, and although I'd choose different starting points, we agree on some things. February's focus, for example, is de-cluttering in fifteen minute increments (an extended Give it Five!)

FlyLady's motto is "Make it fun, it will get done!" While getting organized is not always "fun" for those who've struggled with it for a long time, I agree with FlyLady on the importance of a positive attitude. We can't allow ourselves to give up or to believe that we're somehow inferior because binders and file cabinets don't solve our problems and leave our surfaces clutter-free. Organizing is a process. Taking one step at a time, using our styles as a map, we'll arrive at our destination: organizational systems that allow us to get organized and stay that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment