Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Freebie: What I'm Reading in Ten Minutes or Less: Author Successes


www.providencedivinecakesandpastries.com
Next week, I'm celebrating the first anniversary of my first novel, Casting the First Stone, so today seemed like a good day to do a Friday Freebie that focuses on authors much more famous than I am.

Writing is a profession, and one that many authors work at for years before they achieve visibility, let alone success. Not every author is a JK Rowling, bursting out of the gate with her first book and following it up with multiple blockbusters. Many authors start more slowly, peaking mid-career or even later.


Want to see where your favorite author lands? Check out this infographic. I was surprised to see how long it took some famous writers to get where they are now.

Who are you reading this weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Loved this infograph! So interesting! I'm glad you shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cerella! I'm going to try to remember this when I feel discouraged :-)

    ReplyDelete